Saturday, 1 December 2012

Vhils - Devoid @ Lazarides Gallery

I went to Lazarides Gallery in London and I had a chance to check out Portuguese artist Vhils' show. Great work! I was amazed by every details in each piece. I loved how he used different materials from styrofoam to wood or metal. Impressive technique!

 "This ephemeral character that interests me in my work is the transience I witnessed while growing up, in the street, in the transformation and development, in all the changes: Nothing Lasts Forever ... the contrast between the glamour of the new and the decadence of the old. All this ephemeral nature that can be observed in the street says a lot about the state of people and their way of living in a given moment of time." – Vhils Lazarides Gallery, London
























No comments:

Post a Comment